Need to clean your carpet?
What to look for when looking for a new domestic cleaner or housekeeper to keep your carpets clean
- Friendly Professional with home cleaning experience
- checkable references with landline numbers you can call
- Hourly rates of £10 - £15 p/h depending on where you live in the UK. Agree the hourly rate in writing so there is not confusion later on
- Trust your gut instinct, if something feels wrong then it probably is
- Clean a room really well and show it to the cleaner saying this is the standard you expect
- Don't try and ask a cleaner to clean a 5 bedroom house top to bottom in two hours, allow at least half an hour a room, and add more time on for ironing, washing etc
- Set larger tasks as every week or fortnight
- Ensure the times she is to clean the kids are at school.
- Explain locks and security
- Give her clear contact details on who to call if there is a problem
- Treat her with respect and she will respect your home
- Advertise locally or call Maid2lclean on 0800 056 59 52 who will help find a cleaner living in your area and advise you and the dos and don'ts of hiring a cleaner for your home